As the Hosted Exchange Server is often secured behind a firewall and only allows email in and out, IT Providers will need to confirm if Exchange Web Services is enabled on the server and the name of the server on the internet, This is often something like mail.domainname.com
Exchange Web Services is the Exchange technology that allows access to the Exchange server to access Calendar and other items.
EWS and the name of the server is required to allow Actionstep users to connect their Actionstep to their Calendars in a non Office 365 Exchange Server .
- Click on Calendar then ‘Today’ from the ‘main’ menu bar within Actionstep
- Choose Exchange Calendar as shown below.
- Tick the box ‘Show Advanced Settings’
- Enter the exchange server host
- Enter the users ‘login name’ for their computer
- Enter the users ‘password’ for their computer
- Click Save.
Then the user will have their outlook diary sync with Actionstep.
Then once completed, and only if the user requires it, the user will need to share their calendar with other users. – CLICK HERE for a user guide on sharing calendars