These instructions are for users who have Outlook purchased and installed as part of the Office 365 subscription only.
Once installed this plugin is available on the following version of outlook available as part of the Office 365 subscription.
- Outlook Web
- Outlook Desktop
- Outlook Mobile
If you have other versions of Outlook such as versions 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 this is not supported and you must use the 'Office integration' and not the office 365 plugin.
To use this plugin the user must also ensure that the user mailbox is hosted on Microsoft Exchange hosted by Office 365 and is the same 'primary' email address as their Actionstep licence in order to use this plugin. This plugin does not allow the filing of mail from shared mailboxes or any other mailbox the user may have access to in Outlook, just their own primary mailbox.
Deploying this plugin
There are two choices for assigning the Actionstep Add-in to users
- Deploy singularly to a users Outlook manually per computer per user
- Deploy centrally from Office 365 Admin console All or Select Users.
Option 1 - Deploy singularly to a single users outlook only
- On Outlook Desktop version click on 'Get Add-ins
- Search for Actionstep
- Click OK
Option 2 Deploy centrally from Office 365 Admin Centre
This method allows you to choose to deploy to all users from your Office 365 admin console so users don't need to install manually. However, this must be performed by a user who has Admin portal access to your Office 365 tenant.
- Log into your Office 365 Admin centre
- Click on Settings
- Choose 'Integrated Apps'
- Click on 'Get apps' and search for 'Actionstep' in the top right corner
Note that the 'Actionstep for Word' is for those users who need to create templates and precedent and often is not required to be deployed to all users. So please only deploy the Outlook to all users and the Word one for selected users only that requires such functionality.
Ideally you should see two results, one called 'Actionstep for Word' and the other 'Actionstep for Outlook'.
If you only see one result being 'Actionstep for Word' please click on 'OTHER APPS' and then perform a search for Actionstep as shown below which will provide two results.
You will be presented with a screen that may require you to re-authenticate as an office 365 admin then click on the button 'Get it now' and may require further re-authentication with Office 365
- From the 'add users' screen that comes up you can choose the appropriate options that you want to choose from to deploy the add-in, ie just to one person, to all user users or just to specific groups of users. Then Click NEXT once the choice has been made.
- Next you will be presented with a screent hat confirmes what the add in will do and its permissions. Just click NEXT to accept.
- Then click FINISH DEPLOYMENT
- The add-will then display in the assigned user's outlook (note there may be a delay of up to 6 hours for Microsoft to deploy this to users, and user may need to restart outlook to see it)