Delegate filing for NetDocuments is a feature that must be turned on an individual computer by a Registry setting.
This setting allows a person who does filing on behalf of another person in their outlook to allow the filing to file the emails with ND as by default you can only file emails of your own.
For the sake of Clarity assume that the Partner is Mary and has a secretary of Brian.
- Mary, Partner of the law firm requires her Delegate, Brian to send emails on Mary's behalf.
- This is enabled by their IT team on their email server and is working fine in outlook
- However, the emails also need to be filed into NetDocuments to do this you will need to run the registry settings to enable it.
Registry key for enabling delegate filing is saved in Project 343 in our ND under NetDocuments Registry Settings 3449-3678-2863 called
If Mary is using FOLDER MAPPING feature of NetDocuments there are the following important considerations.
- With this BRIAN should do the mapping of folders only.
- MARY can create new folders in outlook but please DON’T MAP them only BRIAN should map them.
- If MARY uses outlook on another computer, the Folder mappings will be reset. Can use Office 365 or mobile just not another computer with Outlook desktop installed.